Working at Akiba
Akiba-Schechter has the following positions available. Please click on each title to scroll down and learn more.
School Social Worker (Part-time)
Akiba-Schechter Jewish Day School seeks to hire a part-time School Social Worker to provide a full range of services to students who need additional support. As a key member of our support team, the ideal candidate will be reflective, open to feedback, and eager to collaborate with school administrators and teachers to develop and implement plans that provide individualized support for students. If you are passionate about helping children be successful, we encourage you to apply today.
- Help students function effectively in the school environment
- Assess areas in which students may require assistance or counseling
- Communicate with parents, teachers, administrators, and outside therapists
- Maintain updated case files and reports to track student issues and progress
- Facilitate or Co-facilitate lunch bunch groups
- Help supervise recess groups and provide strategies for teachers and students
- Help supervise lunchroom, homeroom, or recess as needed
- Participate in weekly collaborative meetings with the support team
- Assist in remediation by providing treatment plans or counseling
- Embrace the values cherished by our school
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
- Type 73 preferred.
- Experience developing healthy, supportive relationships with students in a school setting.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, creativity and attention to detail.
- Unqualified respect for familial and/or cultural differences and issues.
- Compassionate and approachable personality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Cover letter and resumes may be sent to email@example.com.
We are always looking for substitute teachers qualified to work with Grades 1-8. This person should have a background in teaching, ideally with experience in Judaic Studies and Hebrew, though we are also interested in teachers of General Studies. To learn more, please email Elisa Aranoff, Administrative Assistant and After-School Program Director.