The Hyde Park Herald visited our Kindergarten for their 100th Day of School celebration on February 22:
The Hyde Park Herald covered the Stallions' Inaugural Game in their February 1st Issue
Akiba Students Succeed
Our students' newest accomplishments were covered in the Hyde Park Herald's March 23, 2016 edition.
Kveller, the online magazine for Jewish parents, featured an article about our Kindergarten's Tu B'shvat trip to Garfield Conservatory.
The Hyde Park Herald featured the Preschool's Family Project in their December 16 issue.
Click here to read the Chicago Parent’s coverage of Akiba-Schechter student who organized a dance show to raise funds for autism.
Click here to read the Hyde Park Herald’s coverage.
Akiba-Schechter's Humanities program is discussed in the Hyde Park Herald, May 13, 2015.
• Akiba-Schechter teachers headed to Italy to study preschool education: The Hyde Park Herald covers our preschool teachers’ study trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy.
• Spotlight on Akiba-Schechter’s Afternoon Explorers: Our preschool class of 4- and 5-year-olds is featured on ARKive’s blog for their stellar work in raising funds for this organization dedicated to saving endangered animals.
• 8th grader Zev Goldberg was featured in the Hyde Park Herald for winning first place in the state of Illinois for his Science Fair paper on Methane Hydrates.
• Our all-school production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown! was featured in a full-page spread in the Hyde Park Herald.
• Akiba-Schechter’s multi-age classroom approach is discussed in Chicago Parent’s Going Places Fall 2013 article “Thinking outside the traditional educational model to teach all students.”
• An article about Akiba-Schechter’s multi-age classroom approach, “Breaking the Age Barrier,” appeared in RAVSAK’s Hayidion Magazine.
• Millie Miller, our School Matriarch, was profiled in Mishpacha Magazine. Check out page 6!
• Five Akiba-Schechter students qualified for the state level of the Chicago Metro History Fair and presented their projects in Springfield, IL. Shmuel Gutman, 8th grader, took home a Blue Ribbon for his paper on the Summerdale Scandal. Read the Hyde Park Herald’s coverage.
• Preschool Director Carla Goldberg provides insight on Choosing Preschool Instead of a Nanny in NPN’s spring 2013 issue of Parent to Parent magazine.
• Dr. and Mrs. Avy and Yisraela Dachman were recognized in the University of Chicago’s “At the Forefront” magazine after being honored at our Annual Benefit Dinner & Silent Auction. Check out it out!
• Our 7th/8th grade class got to watch open heart surgery at the Museum of Science & Industry on October 26. See picture in the Hyde Park Herald.
• The May 2012 Kindergarten Art Gallery Opening was covered in the Hyde Park Herald.
• 1st/2nd grade teacher Scott Salk is profiled in the February 2012 issue of JUF News.
• The first and second graders in Mrs. Rapp’s class are studying penguins, and thanks to them, the Akiba-Schechter flag is flying over McMurdo Station in Antarctica! See the Hyde Park Herald’s coverage.
• Akiba-Schechter teachers and parents get a stop sign put at a previously dangerous intersection a block from the school. The Hyde Park Herald reports.
• 1st/2nd grade teacher Scott Salk wins the Educator of the Year Award from the Associated Talmud Torahs. Read the Hyde Park Herald’s coverage.
• Kindergarten Teacher Mara Katz, as well as 1st/2nd grade teachers Jackie Rapp and Scott Salk give tips on how to ease the transition from Kindergarten to First Grade in the fall 2011 issue of Parent-to-Parent Magazine.
• Class of 2011 graduate Shoshana Zacharias wins title of Miss Junior Teen Indiana United States 2011. She competes for Miss Junior Teen USA in Las Vegas on July 7-15. Cheer her on! Read the local edition of the June 30, 2011 Hammond Times’ coverage.
• The May 26, 2010 issue of the Hyde Park Herald portrays 7th grader Devora Klionsky who made it to the National Spelling Bee.
• Teachers help children see value of printed words and illustrations: Akiba-Schechter’s Kindergarteners and their books are featured in the Chicago Tribune Sunday section May 9, 2010.
• The Kindergarten’s 100th Day of School Celebration (February 22) is covered in Chicago Journal.
• A story about our Israeli ambassadors appeared in the February 2010 issue of JUF News!
• Our Fiddler on the Roof production is mentioned in the Chicago Tribune on February 21, 2010. Pay attention to the last paragraph!
• You can fit volunteering into a busy life, as Akiba-Schechter parent Annette Gendler writes in Chicago Parent’s Making the Grade Guide.
• See our teachers’ tips on getting ready for school, published in NPN Parent-to-Parent Magazine.